Sunday, June 29, 2008

Why Me?

This week has been a busy one - Vacation Bible School at Church, packing the kids for two weeks away, and packing and preparing myself for two weeks away in Uganda. During all of the craziness of the week, I have spent a lot of time processing and preparing my mind and heart for my trip.

As I have processed through my week, I have come to this....Why Me?!

1. Why has God gifted ME with the gifts that I have been blessed with?
2. Why have I come to this place in my life that I feel led to take the plunges that I feel called to take?
3. Who am I to follow some of the leads that I follow?
4. Why, when I know I have been blessed with gifts, do I often times still abuse them?
5. Why, when I know I have been blessed with gifts, do I often times still doubt them?

I feel so unworthy of His Awesomeness - His Amazing Blessings. Yet, through all of the questions and processing, I think the greastest gift I have been blessed with, is constant faith. God is always there, and He always knows best. He is always true, He is always constant. He will always guide me - it is MY choice whether or not to follow!!!

God does not call the equipped....He equips the called. I just have to follow His lead.

I am TRULY in awe of His Goodness, His Faithfulness....truly. I am so grateful for the adventure of life, for the places that He takes me....for the ride! It is an amazing privilege to me that even though I sometimes question or doubt who God created ME to be, He will NEVER leave me or forsake me.

Hold on to your hat, Amy Kahl, next stop on this great adventure.....Uganda, Africa!!!

If you feel led to pray for me while I am gone, here are some specific requests:

1. That God will effectively use me to bring the message of His goodness and mercy to the Ugandans that I encounter
2. That my heart will be fully open and willing to be used the way GOD has planned to use me while I am there
3. That I will be open and listening for God's lead
4. For my family that I am leaving behind
5. For team dynamics
6. For the preparation of the hearts and minds of the Ugandan people
7. For safe travel - to and from

5 comments:

Kothe family said...

You will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Amy - I will pray for you - I can totally relate to all the feelings you are having right now -last summer I left my little ones and went to Tanzanis for three weeks - leaving my family was hard - but it was a life changing experience. God will use you in amazing ways and you have the gifts you need girl! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you a lot Amy -- You will be in my prayers.

Wow a garden -- maybe we can compare notes, ours has taken off as well. I can't wait to see it in August. Make sure to have someone water while you are gone.

Kia

Kristi Marie Kahl Edwards said...

Amy---You will be in my thoughts and prayers during the next 3-4 weeks...coming back will required other prayer needs...will ask God for discernment!

Go in Peace!
Love,
Kristi

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you, Amy. Your faith is a gift; continue to use it. Your talents are gifts; continue to share them. As you already know, this trip is ultimately not about the Ugandans or orphans or your family or your questions. God can take care of all of those Himself. Its about your relationship with Jesus. The other things are just there as vehicles for Him to reach you (us). The way I see it, you are allowing Him to use the vehicles that He has placed in front of you. Most don't. I pray that your trip will soften your heart into a deeper, abiding relationship with Jesus.

I love you and am proud of you for stepping out in faith.

Dad