This week has been a busy one - Vacation Bible School at Church, packing the kids for two weeks away, and packing and preparing myself for two weeks away in Uganda. During all of the craziness of the week, I have spent a lot of time processing and preparing my mind and heart for my trip.
As I have processed through my week, I have come to this....Why Me?!
1. Why has God gifted ME with the gifts that I have been blessed with?
2. Why have I come to this place in my life that I feel led to take the plunges that I feel called to take?
3. Who am I to follow some of the leads that I follow?
4. Why, when I know I have been blessed with gifts, do I often times still abuse them?
5. Why, when I know I have been blessed with gifts, do I often times still doubt them?
I feel so unworthy of His Awesomeness - His Amazing Blessings. Yet, through all of the questions and processing, I think the greastest gift I have been blessed with, is constant faith. God is always there, and He always knows best. He is always true, He is always constant. He will always guide me - it is MY choice whether or not to follow!!!
God does not call the equipped....He equips the called. I just have to follow His lead.
I am TRULY in awe of His Goodness, His Faithfulness....truly. I am so grateful for the adventure of life, for the places that He takes me....for the ride! It is an amazing privilege to me that even though I sometimes question or doubt who God created ME to be, He will NEVER leave me or forsake me.
Hold on to your hat, Amy Kahl, next stop on this great adventure.....Uganda, Africa!!!
If you feel led to pray for me while I am gone, here are some specific requests:
1. That God will effectively use me to bring the message of His goodness and mercy to the Ugandans that I encounter
2. That my heart will be fully open and willing to be used the way GOD has planned to use me while I am there
3. That I will be open and listening for God's lead
4. For my family that I am leaving behind
5. For team dynamics
6. For the preparation of the hearts and minds of the Ugandan people
7. For safe travel - to and from